So since I’ll be living in Spain for (a minimum) of 8 months, I decided I’d start making a bucket list and post it here! Post any travel tips, advice and recommendations for Spain here for me! I love a good adventure!
- Las Fallas: March 13-19 in Valencia, Spain. http://www.fallasfromvalencia.com/
- Saint George’s Day: April 23 in Barcelona, Spain. When I visited Barcelona during my backpacking trip, I specifically remember the tour guide talking about a day in Barcelona where the streets were covered in roses. This is Barcelona’s (and other European cities) version of valentines day, where lovers essentially swap roses and books. There is a deeper story to it that you can read, but I definitely want to go to Barcelona for this! http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com/en/events/sant-jordi/sant-jordi-guide-barcelona.html
- Carnival: the week before lent (February) all over Spain. I would really like to visit the Canary Islands for this, specifically Santa Cruz de Tenerife! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carnival_of_Santa_Cruz_de_Tenerife
[VISIITED: March 2014!]
- Historic Salamanca [VISITED: February 2014]
- La Rioja: Spain’s [unofficial] VINO Capital!
- San Sebastian: Pinxto Paradise of Pais Vasco [VISITED: October 2013 & January 2014]
- Madrid [VISITED: December 2014]
- Barcelona [VISITED: May 2014]